Monday, June 28, 2010

Makeover - episode I

This is going to be the first of many posts featuring our pending living room makeover.
The commitment has been made and we are painting the whole place white - probably around the end of July. And, may I say, it's about time! Here are some before pictures. We live in the mountains, as you probably know, and it's all too easy to fall into a 'lodge' look whether you like it or not. We also live right next to the lake so I like to add vintage lake props into the decorating. But it's time to update the look and bring some fresh color back into our home.
The living space is very open plan. It flows into the kitchen. dining and hall area - even the stairwell. I'm excited to redecorate. We don't have a huge budget but I think we will replace the sofa, chair and ottoman, lighting, rugs and art. I was thinking about the new brighter and more colourful decorating plan and wondered what we can do with the TV armoire. It's a big piece of solid wood furniture. I don't want to give it up but we have agreed it can be painted. I'm excited to do this. We have a big green vintage cupboard in the entry that will look way better against a white wall so I'd like to paint the armoire a cool colour. Keep in mind I do not want a shabby chic look - I think the red example below would be a great choice or a a grey/green. What do you think?

The armoire in question - above.

The green cupboard in entryway(above) - this is a very tall piece, 5'5" tall.



The last blue cupboard is from House and Home, the others are from Pottery Barn, small red cupboard from Eco Furniture and the red Spanish armoire is from Haunt !
Blog Widget by LinkWithin